Monday, January 5, 2015

Snowball spelling

One thing I am looking forward to next year is starting a new curriculum.  The curriculum we are using this year (All About Reading and All About Spelling) is extremely repetitive.  That is not always a bad thing, but for my daughter it is. I would switch curriculums now, but since we are in a hybrid school this year my daughter, Makenna, must stay on track with everyone in her "class."  So I tweak and supplement :).  

Today is our first day getting back into the swing of things...she was actually excited to get started!  We began with spelling and I wanted to make it fun.  I found this idea for snowball spelling on Pinterest (http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com/2014/01/theres-snow-time-like-winter.html).

She did a great job sounding out each word and writing them down!  Oh and do you see that chair?  I'm wanting to redo it..any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment